Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Things that arrived today..

December 1st and the first real snowfall of the year have both arrived. That's just swell. Every year when the first snowfall arrives I ask myself over and over again "Why do I live in this part of the country?" I am not a winter enthusiast, I wish I was, but I'm not. Here's the problem, I love being outside and as soon as the first snow falls it reminds me that for the next 4 months I will be trapped indoors. Now I will say that the snow is quite pretty, but it's also cold and wet and slippery to walk and drive in and I just don't like it. Someone recently asked me if I had any winter note cards to sell. I have pictures from every other season besides winter. Proof that I really, really do not like snow.

I have completed all my Christmas shopping, my list this year was much, much smaller since my family this year decided to draw names instead of all of us buying for each other. I'm not sure why we didn't do this sooner. At any rate, my online shopping is done. The beauty of online shopping? Well the first is obvious, never having to step foot in a crowded shopping mall. The second? Multiple deliveries from the UPS or Fed Ex man. I can't help but get a little giddy when I see these trucks turn down my road and wonder if it's for me. One gift arrived today.

The third thing to arrive today? What I thought was a used book I ordered turned out to be paperwork as thick as a book. I've decided with interest rates being as low as they are to refinance my house. I'm psyched about the money I will be saving and the fact that I have taken 5 years of the life of my loan. I am not so psyched about the load of paperwork I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment