Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Mundane Life

Post surgery life has been a bit mundane. People keep telling me it's okay that I get up at 8:30 in the morning, take a morning nap and an afternoon nap. I feel like a 6 month old. I'm told that sleep is good, that is helping me heal. Quite frankly I'm annoyed by it. I'm not sure why but I envisioned these weeks off of work as being endless hours of reading, I stocked my Kindle with multiple books and I was ready to read. Problem is after about 30 minutes of reading I find myself drifting off to sleep. So instead of reading I have spent more time watching daytime tv.

Confession time - I'm amused by Regis and Kelly (at least their host chat time) what did they do last night while I slept? Regis is 79 years old and is way more active than most people I know. I'm less enchanted by the interviews they do and most likely who ever is on their show has already been on the Today show earlier in the morning or will show up on The View later.

I am not a fan of The View. I think the ladies of The View are quite rude to each other, they are more interested in getting their point across than actually listening to each other. I find them rude and insensitive.

I draw the line at watching soap operas, although my mom is a fan of Days of our Lives and I am embarrassed to admit that when she watched I was able to quickly pick up on what was happening in the lives of the residents of Salem, USA.

At this point in the day, I typically try to read, end up falling asleep and seem to wake up just in time to watch either Oprah or Ellen depending on my mood. I finally have permission to drive which has opened up a whole new set of opportunities for me. Tuesday I went to the post office, Wednesday to the pharmacy to have a prescription refilled and to buy hair color. I'm not sure if this is true or not but I believe the anesthesia they gave me in the hospital made my hair grayer than usual. Today I took my car to the car wash. And tomorrow I am quite excited about actually going out for lunch and spending an hour with my friends, I just hope I don't fall asleep in my soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment