Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 My one word - Gratitude

I love that on January 1st we are bombarded with ideas to make our lives better for the new year. You know things like eat better, work out more, watch less television, spend less, save more.  The problem with resolutions is that after a few weeks we forget about them and just go on living our lives the way we have prior to the calendar flipping to January 1. 

This year however instead of making a resolution I am committing to focusing on one word throughout the entire year.  The idea comes from the book My One Word: Change your life with just one word.  My friend Kathy introduced me to this book and this idea a couple of years ago and while I've certainly thought about the idea I had never committed to a word, until now.  So for 2013 I have committed to thinking about the word Gratitude and what that means for my life.

I certainly have plenty to be grateful for and look forward to seeing how focusing on the idea of gratitude will change the way I look at things. Once I chose my word I wasn't at all surprised that my devotional reading from the day included the following.  "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, His love endures forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment