Friday, August 27, 2010

Ready or not, here they come

Today was move in day for the college freshmen at my campus. I have a love/hate relationship with this day. I've worked at the college for 18 years, which essentially means that I started working at the college the year these students were born. Whoa. I love this day because I think the freshness and enthusiasm of these students is down right infectious, yet it also signifies the end of the summer, the laid back days and long nights. When the semester begins I often feel like a mouse on one of those crazy exercise wheels. It depresses me that by 8:00 in the evening it is already getting dark.

So I'm exhausted by all of today's events. Along with meeting the new freshmen, I also met our new graduate students in social work, met with my awesome student mentor to discuss our class, I also had a meeting with a fellow staff member to plan for another class she and I will be team teaching, provided career advisement to a seminary student and tried to put out a couple fires that have been burning.

I know there is some left over macaroni and cheese in the fridge, it is mere 20 feet from where I am sitting yet I don't have the energy to get up and reheat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment