Tuesday, June 15, 2010

10 Things I Like

My friends and I were joking the other day about what sort of people we are. While life is not always easy I do tend to be a glass half full sort of gal and I think part of the reason for that is I tend to find joy in the small things. Such as:

The way my cats curl up in their cat beds. Molly, especially likes her bed and I just love how sweet she looks as her head rests on the edge. I especially like on mornings when I wake up and find them sharing one of the beds and they have to figure out how to untwist themselves from each other.

Hockey - I really like hockey and while most people fuss about how long the season is, I'm currently going through withdraw, the season ended one week ago tonight and I already miss it.

Coffee - Hot, cold, it doesn't matter. I also like the fact that the baristas at my favorite cafes know me and my drink of choice. Perhaps this is a problem. It also helps if I have some nice dark chocolate to go with my coffee.

My camera - I've been taking pictures for years, but last year I received my first digital DSL and while I still do not understand many of it's functions, I'm having a blast trying to figure it all out.

Toe nail polish - Yes,I realize this may sound silly, but I love toe nail polish, especially in the spring and summer. If I'm going to bare my feet for everyone to see, I'm certainly going to decorate my toe nails in a pretty color. Currently I am wearing a funky shade of purple called Grape Going.

My deck - I consider my deck the bonus room of my house. The weather here prevents me from using my bonus room as much as I would like, but once the weather does cooperate this is the spot I choose to spend the majority of my time. It really is nothing special, but it is my special little haven.

My niece - Okay I don't just like my niece I love her, and I love the way the back of her neck smells and how her hair curls when its wet, how she squints when she smiles big. I love how she will thank you for hours for something little you have done for her. "Thank you for the dental floss, aunt Mary" she said over and over when she came to visit a few weeks ago and told me she had a piece of apple skin stuck between her teeth.

Reading - I wish I could figure out a way to get paid to read. I would never retire. I currently have 5 books sitting on my nightstand and I've realized recently that I need to develop better reading habits, instead of trying to read 5 books simultaneously I need to focus on one at a time.

Scrabble - I'm addicted to scrabble on Facebook and I know I am not alone in this addiction. I'm actually wondering how many employee hours are lost because of Scrabble, I'm also wondering if anyone plays Solitaire anymore.

Lavender - I'm a very amateur gardener and I have a lot of "favorite" flowers, hydrangeas, roses, delphiniums, daisies, pansies. But when it comes to scents lavender is by far my favorite. I can walk by the lavender in my garden, and suddenly the scent of it stops me in my tracks and immediately I feel more relaxed and at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment