Friday, June 11, 2010

Adventures in the kitchen part 2 and 3


I'm very happy to report that the strawberry rhubarb pie that I planned to make this week turned out to be better than I expected. In fact I made two strawberry rhubarb pies this week. As I mentioned in my previous blog several of my girl friends were coming over on Wed. night for pizza and cards and I promised them dessert. So Monday evening after chatting with my mom I got down to pie making. Things went relatively smoothly, much better than my first pie baking experience and I was pleased with the outcome. Assignment done, or so I thought. On Tuesday I tried a slice and deemed it acceptable for guests and breathed a sigh of relief. However on Wednesday when one of my friends got wind of the fact that I made the pie on Monday, she deemed this "unacceptable" and claimed after two days the crust would be all soggy. I took another look at the pie and turns out she was right (insert heavy sigh here).

Now I must tell you that I do not like to let people down but at this point I was ready to make my old favorite standby dessert; dark chocolate brownies. But friend number 2 said she was soooo looking forward to strawberry rhubarb pie. So I obliged and made my second pie of the week. It turned out great, maybe even better than pie number 1. I'm also happy to report that today, two days after I made the pie, the crust is still holding up and is not soggy. I just had a piece for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment