Friday, June 4, 2010

Adventues in the kitchen.

I believe in my very first blog I indicated that this would NOT be a food blog. And now after only 1o entries I am writing about my adventures in the kitchen. It may sound crazy but this morning I woke up and the first thing that I thought was wouldn't it be fun to make a rhubarb pie this weekend? "WHAT?" I said this out loud because 1) it was such a random thought 2) I really have no place in the kitchen and 3)the last time I tried to make a pie it turned out very bad, very, very bad. So bad in fact that my friend L. who I consider to be one of the kindest, sweetest people I know looked at the pie, laughed and said "no wonder no man has ever married you, don't you know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?" Okay, so she really didn't say that, but she did laugh A LOT at my baking abilities and we started again from scratch.

These are the pies from my first pie baking experience. My friend C. said it reminded her of the old just say no to drug campaigns with the fried egg, this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs.

So on to the pie adventure number 2. I've left a voice mail for my mom, on those rare occasions when I decide to cook or bake something my mom serves as my phone a friend. Oddly enough as I'm waiting for her to return my call, my next door neighbor knocks on the door (my next door neighbor is a trained chef). He'd done his own baking today and hands be a slice of angel food cake with fresh berries, a slice of mixed berry pie and a slice of blueberry pie. I'm pretty sure I will not be making a rhubarb pie this weekend, but a few of my friends are planning to show up here Wednesday night for a euchre game perhaps I will make them a rhubarb pie. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment