Saturday, June 26, 2010

Farmers, Flowers and Strawberries

I really love the local farmers market. I don't ge there as often as I would like but today it was the first thing on my agenda to do. It's true that in my neck of the woods I can get pretty fresh produce anytime I want at my local Wegmans, but shopping at the local farmers market provides me with an opportunity to chat with the growers as well as run into friends and neighbors. This is also the best time of the year for strawberries, my most favorite fruit.







I had one other stop on my agenda today and that was a visit to a city park I had heard about but had never visited before. Maplewood Park in the city is apparently famous for it's rose garden and now I know why. I would guess there must have been over 2,000 rose bushes in so many varieties I quickly lost track. It really was a beautiful spot in the city and while today may have been my first visit it certainly will not be my last.



No comments:

Post a Comment